For over 20 years, the CLAS-talk email discussion group offered an easy way to keep up with cultural competence in health care and to stay connected to other professionals in the field. We now offer this resource on the DiversityRx Facebook page
In addition to regular updates on research, policy and practice in the field of cross cultural health care, this community is a place to:
- Share information about new approaches, programs, publications, initiatives, events, and policies related to cultural competence
- Seek and offer advice on implementing the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in health care
- Find support for meeting and overcoming challenges related to designing, funding, and improving cultural competence programs
- Debate emerging practices, policies, and trends to stimulate new directions in policymaking and service implementation;
- Explore how to document the clinical and financial benefits of culturally responsive care through evaluation and outcomes-based research.
- Promote networking among policymakers, funders, provider organizations, and community advocates to improve culturally competent services to diverse populations.
To participate, please visit the DiversityRx Facebook page, and Like or Follow us.